Making the decision to purchase a CCTV system is the first step to decrease or prevent theft from occurring in your business. Each tip below will help ensure optimal effectiveness of your surveillance system.
1. Learn to use your system.
2. Educate your employees. Make them aware that the cameras are in use for everyone’s protection.
3. Install enough cameras to see vital areas in good detail, especially where there are cash transactions occurring.
4. Cover general and common areas that are not obvious.
5. Make cameras a visible deterrent.
6. Use spot monitors to demonstrate to the public that they are on camera.
7. Remote view your system via the internet. And don’t be subtle about communicating your regular use of this ability to your employees.
8. Educate employees about how theft impacts the business, and by extension an employee’s own self interest.
9. When present and occurring, patterns of theft will emerge, so it’s important to review recordings periodically.
10. Post Signage. Notify your patrons and employees that the space you provide is under surveillance.
To discover the whole range of surveillance services used to help protect your home or business click HERE